State Health Departments
State Health Departments
APIC Consulting Services has worked closely with state health departments and their HAI Coordinators for years. From performing NHSN data audits to leading HAI-prevention collaboratives to delivering customized training, APIC and APIC Consulting have helped state health departments meet their patient safety goals on limited time schedules and within budget. Unlike many solo consultants, APIC Consulting offers a cadre of recognized experts in the field who can work in unison to provide the highest quality deliverables.
Frequently requested services include:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests that credible data are vital for prevention, public reporting, and incentivizing improvements in clinical performance. States use data to assure competence, identify weaknesses in surveillance, and enable improvement by teaching.
Infection prevention training and resources
When it comes to infection prevention education and training, APIC and APIC Consulting provide the gold standard. Customized live or web-based training is available with CNE units. Capabilities include:
- Customized live courses on a specific topic. Courses can be tailored to facility type and feature basic infection prevention content, more advanced general infection prevention content, or topics of interest for the audience.
- APIC’s long-standing live courses in full or abbreviated versions. Education for the Prevention of Infection (EPI®) courses are available in their full or abbreviated forms to meet the specific needs of the audience.
- Webinar or webinar series. Webinars or a webinar series (typically 3-6 webinars) can be developed and delivered as a web-based learning option.
When a cluster of infections or outbreak occurs, APIC Consulting can work with your team to quickly send an outbreak specialist to the facility.
Consultants have specific outbreak investigation experience in a variety of health care settings such as acute care, long-term care, ASCs, physician offices, dental offices and more.
Find out how to get started with an outbreak investigation.
Responses to statement of deficiencies: Assessment and plan of corrections
When a state health department determines that a facility has violated a regulation and issues a statement of deficiencies, APIC Consulting can assist by:
- Performing an independent assessment
- Developing a plan of corrections
- Providing mentoring support to the implementation team
- Providing an independent report for the state department of health